DjangoBooks.com

2013 Castelluccia Menilmontant

image2013 Castelluccia Menilmontant

New model from the oldest continuously running Gypsy guitar shop in Paris!

Read the full story here

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    It's amazing that Jean Baptiste can produce such phenomenal guitars in this price range! :-bd
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited February 2014 Posts: 936
    @MichaelHorowitz

Boy your the Best Carrot Dangler around. Better call up my rich uncle Doc and see if he has a FEW THOUSAND laying around for his favorite nephew.

Also, I love hearing and WATCHING you play. Very Helpful! :-bd

Pick on

pickitjohn
    MichaelHorowitz
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I'm curious about the bridges on the Castelluccia guitars. From Djangobooks.com: the bridge includes a replaceable ebony saddle, a feature rarely found on Selmer style bridges which are normally fashioned from one piece of solid wood. You can easily adjust the action the by simply swapping out the saddle piece for one of a different height.
    Does anybody have any experience with these bridges and do they sound good? It seems like a great idea.[img][/img]
    pickitjohn
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @jonpowl yes, they sound great as the solid wood structure of the bridge remains intact. The saddle is also wood and fits perfectly to the bridge, so there's no inefficiency. It's a great solution, similar to Hahl's bone saddle pieces or D'Aquistios sliding mechanism.
    pickitjohn