DjangoBooks.com

Heavy Artillery (Artillerie Lourde)

viperviper VermontNew
edited January 2005 in Repertoire Posts: 51
I am looking for the changes to Heavy Artillery. I have the RN gig book, but when I try to play the changes along with Django or Bireli, some of the chords don't quite sound right. I am planning on buying a Cosimini book or three, but I don't think that any of them have the changes for HA.

Any one out there willing to share them?

Thanks!

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I haven't tried these with the recording, but here are the changes from the Mike Peters Anthology:

(AABA)
    A section: C Am7 | F G7 |
    repeat
    repeat
    1st ending: C Dm6 | C G7 |
    2nd and last ending: C Dm6 | C |

B section: same as Nolan version, without the half-step walkdowns.

Hope that helps a bit,
    Jack.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    on some songs, like Birelis Djangology for example, the chords played during the solo part are chord subs for the chords played during the head of the tune. perhaps that is the sort of thing that you mean when you say the chords are not matching?
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Good point-most people just run rhythm changes on the A section of Artillerie Lourde (after the head). I think that's what Nolan's book has, though, so maybe it's something else-although his turnaround is a bit different. Maybe that's the trouble?

Best,
    Jack.