DjangoBooks.com

Need a humbucker for gipsy guitar

2»

Comments

• Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    According to Reggie at Lace the pickup has been designed for use with phosphor bronze strings and the magnets have been adjusted to balance string output. They have not tested them with Saverez strings so they don't know precisely how they would respond but according to guitar mike , it sounds dandy ! Seems like its worth a try.
    If it works well with Pho.Bro it would work about as well with the copper alloy and steel core of the Saverez argentine .
  • guitarmikeguitarmike Montreal, Quebec✭✭ Old French Gypsy Guitar
    I don't know how to post a video on the forum.
    I am using the Lace Sensor ultra Slim and a V cable wich has a volume pot at one end, so when I lower the volume ( for rythmn ) it sounds pretty much "acoustic".
    Here is a picture of the V cable.
    Sorry for my bad english..
    pickitjohn
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 4,735
    Here's a recording I did using 2 Krivos in a humbucking setup.
    I recorded this little etude I came up for After You've Gonne.
    It's recorded using a condenser mic going through a preamp to the USB interface that goes to the PC. The mic is placed in front of the ZT Lunchbox acoustic about a foot away. The amp is eq-ed flat, both bass and treble are at 12 o'clock and there is a slight touch of reverb from the amp.
    I don't think there's any bleed from the guitar itself to the mic so what you hear is how the pickups sound.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel