DjangoBooks.com

Adamos Guitar

BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
edited March 2014 in History Posts: 527
Hi folks,

can anyone identify the guitar that Adamo is holding on this picture?

Best regrads

Barengero

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Tough to tell as the picture is small and blurry, but the tailpiece and general biggish body size seems to say Favino. The Silver tuners might be SB, and that too would tend to point at Favino... the general headstock shape and the patternless looking rosette also look Favino-like as he often used alternating small stripes which sort of blend together from a distance.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    I don't about the picture, but I think there was a Favino flattop either endorsed by Adamo, or customized for him... so it would probably be not too surprising if this was a Favino.
    - JG
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Thanks to Bob Holo and Joli Gadjo for the informations. And here is a better quality picture
    ...and here we see and hear the guitar in action:

Best regards,
    Barengero
    edited March 2014 Posts: 527
    ;-)
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 1,252
    It looks like he's using it as a prop. I think that the sound we're meant to believe is the guitar, is actually some kind of early synth. Still - it's neat.

Just out of curiosity I typed adamosalvatore.com and up came a website. It turns out he's still around - and he's not even that old. Well, he's pushing 70, but 70 is the new 50. My French isn't that good, but reading from his website, it looks like he's been doing some concerts and work with UNICEF to benefit impoverished children. More power to him!
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    I wonder if the title is meant to be the Arabaic "God wiling". إن شاء الله
    the vid is to slow!