DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Waltz Rhythm Help

2»

Comments

• edited April 2014 Posts: 3,707
    @Jon in the Ferre bros waltz ......Sometimes in the early parts I hear the rhythm player doing what sounds like a triplet strum on the 2 beat
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Yeah - I hear that too. In the same place - part of the arrangement I guess. The first time it's more of an eighth note, then a triplet the second time.
    Jazzaferri wrote: »
    @Jon in the Ferre bros waltz ......Sometimes in the early parts I hear the rhythm player doing what sounds like a triplet strum on the 2 beat
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    @Jazzaferri @Jon You mean kinda like the Bolero rhythm without the 4th beat?
    - JG
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    It's just a little ornament - not a rhythm pattern per se. Sounds good though.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I've been experimenting with more of a syncopated 'jazz waltz' (for lack of a better description) lately. I'll try to post a recording when I have a chance to make one.
  • Somewhere is a video of Stochelo doing the bolero rhythm in 3/4. Bass triplet and then chord, dry. Sounds nice. I use it as a rhythmic colour. Don't play any waltzes that I would use that all the time.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed