DjangoBooks.com

SOLD FS: 2010 JWC Modele Jazz, Selmer style petite bouche

mikegnikmikegnik Southern NJ, Philly✭✭ Bumgarner #47, 50’s Castelluccia round hole
edited May 2014 in Classifieds Posts: 52
Hi folks,

I don't need 3 gypsy jazz guitars, so here it goes:

2010 JWC Modele Jazz, luthier made in UK. Selmer dimensions, loud enough for any jam, set up very well for gypsy picking with comfortable action, spruce top, ebony fingerboard, walnut neck, mahogany back and sides. A great player. Strung with Argentine .11s. Very nice Hiscox case included. Shows some signs of use (see pics), but very well cared-for and kept in my humidified acoustic room. I am more or less in love with my Castelluccia guitar so I don’t need another luthier guitar laying around. I have a less valuable guitar I can use as a backup, which is good enough for me. Hope to find a good home for this one.

Nicely priced at $1,300 (these will cost you $2,200 new). Located in southern New Jersey near Philly.

Luthier quality from Europe at Asian factory pricing. Can't beat that!

Pictures at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/92217511@N05/sets/72157642686964543/

Cheers,
Michael

Comments

• daffyduckdaffyduck ✭✭
    can you contact me at [email protected] im interested..thanks peter
  • marksealemarkseale
    What's the shape of the neck?
  • mikegnikmikegnik Southern NJ, Philly✭✭ Bumgarner #47, 50’s Castelluccia round hole
    I would think it is a D shaped neck when the following images are the measuring sticks. neckshape.jpg

The U looks too rounded and thick. The D seems a little more slender and flatter on the back, which is a better match to this guitar's profile. The neck isn't really thin like my Cigano or super thick like I have seen on some Manouche guitars. I find it very comfortable to play.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    The three Manouche (first incarnation of the JWCs) guitars I owned all had d-shaped necks pretty much exactly as Mike described. Not too fat, not too skinny. Just right, and very nice to play.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • mikegnikmikegnik Southern NJ, Philly✭✭ Bumgarner #47, 50’s Castelluccia round hole
    edited April 2014 Posts: 52
    Thanks for adding your input, Michael.

I wanted to add that the curve on the way out of the flat portion of the neck profile is radiused. It is not a hard, boxy shape that I seem to remember on a Manouche guitar I once played.
  • marksealemarkseale
    Do you have any sound clips/video? How would you describe the sound?
    The guitar is sold. Thank you for your interest.

Michael
  • cavemusiccavemusic Edmonton, Alberta 2010 JWC Modele Jazz, 2015 Jean Barault Grande Bouche with resonator, 1947 Kay upright bass, Django finger puppet
    It's a great guitar. Thanks Mike!
    :D
    Kevin