DjangoBooks.com

Samois 2014 - Can somebody please explain it to me.

edpryceedpryce
edited June 2014 in Europe Posts: 9
Hello all.

I am hoping to go to 2014s samois festival and have never been before. I cant find a thread on people going this year, (is there one?) i'm a bit lost on the new forum!

i'm going with my girlfriend who doesnt quite like the idea of turning up with a tent and the possibility of nowhere to stay/shower/use toilets so i need to clear a few things up.

Could somebody help explain the following -

Camping - Is there a designated site?
- Do you pay separately? and if so how much?
- Can you just arrive and put up your tent? (any danger of it being full?)

As for tickets - do people just buy them once in samois? (again any danger of selling out?)
- Can you pay for tickets/camping on a bank card? or is it all cash?

I realise I have left this quite late (I was banking on it being next month for some reason)

Any help would be greatly appreciated (and the sooner the better!)

Regards

Ed
Tagged:

Comments

• edpryceedpryce
    i should also ask - Anyone else going?
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • edpryceedpryce
    Cheers for the link, It still leaves a few questions unanswered though?
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    HI Ed

there are two sites, the municipal site at Samoreau and a private one at le Petite Barbeau. These are not included in festival tickets and they will fill up quickly. From my experience of Samois you will not find it easy to simply turn up to either site and get a space, so contact them both asap/

If you do a search in Djangobooks there should be lots of info on this. Also head for for facebook and look for Samois going Djangofiles

Good luck with your trip and I hope you get sorted

Alan
    always learning
  • edpryceedpryce
    Thanks Alan. I shall check out those campsites.

so tickets can be bought on the day? is this the normal way to do it? or do people do it in advance if possible?

Thanks again, very helpful
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    you can buy beforehand which means you have less of a queue to stand in and you avoid the possibility on not getting a ticket as they do sell out sometimes. Here's the link to buying tickets in the Samois site
    https://festivaldjangoreinhardt.fnacspectacles.com/recherche/rechercheRapide.do?codgrp=FESTDJA14A&_lang=en

A.
    always learning
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Also I should add that for the main acts I would recommend queuing at least two hours before it opens, I have been there when many people have been turned away. Bring a picnic and sit on the river bank.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    [email protected]
    Email for petite barbeau as I doubt you will get on samoreau at this late stage.
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • edpryceedpryce
    thanks for the help guys, got into petite barbeau

:)
    I am going this year as well, but unfortunately my "driver" called in sick. Since I have neither a driver's license nor a car, I will probably take the Train to Paris and try to find my way from there.

1. Does anyone have any tips on how to get from Paris to Samois? I understand there several train stations, which ones should I avoid?
    2. Does anyone happen to go from Southern Germany to Samois who would be willing and able to give me a ride?

I am staying at the Petit Barbeau, if this is of any concern.

Kind Regards,
    Lennart