DjangoBooks.com

Costel Nitescu

Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
in Violin Posts: 287
Has anyone seen him live? Has he played in the US?

I love some of his playing:

Also check out "Just One of Those Things" by Rocky Gresset, "Blue Moon" by Adrien Moignard, and Wawau Adler Back to the Roots Vol. 2.

Comments

• JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Love him playing with Tchavolo! He's on the Live in Paris DVD, and also Seven Gypsy Nights. Great player. My favourite violinist in this style. He was hanging out at Atelier Charonne once when I was there, but didn't play :(

Steeve Lafont is great on that clip you posted too - love his playing as well.
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    Yeah , my three go-to guys are Costel, Florin and Didier.
    they're in a league above other big names, imho. I've got some of Costel's R26 and Blue Moon solos half transcribed in pencil, somewhere must dig them out & finish them.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I saw him live in Paris at L'Atelier Charonne, backed by the Samy Daussat Trio. A pretty amazing evening all around. My wife even enjoyed it, and she's not a big time GJ fan.

He also played on Tchavolo's Lautcha CD.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    Great to connect with some other fans of his playing. I had forgotten that he is on those Tchavalo recordings. I also have a solo CD of his, which has some nice jazz (not much swing, and no real Gypsy jazz).

Charlie