DjangoBooks.com

excerpts from an interview with Branford Marsalis "the problem with Jazz"

2»

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Bob Holo wrote: »
    John Lennon imagined a world without war. I imagine a world without auto-tune.

A tape got released recently of Britney Spears without auto tune - someone recorded her vocal channel straight off the board at a concert. It's not only worse than you imagine, its worse than you can imagine.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Bob Holo wrote: »
    ... we face the Simon Cowells of the world and their never-ending stream of mediocre karaoke singers ...
    Well put, Bob. Tom Petty: "If they had tried to offer my generation someone that had won a game show, it would've been hysterical, you would've been laughed out of the room."

Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    edited August 2014 Posts: 298
    And yet we still managed to get The Monkees. I think Tom Petty might be a little biased and maybe he should check out a little thing called the Gong Show.
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    FWIW Sonny R. Was recently interviewed about the New Yorker piece and he said he found it hurtful, if only for the fact that many people did not know that it was satire. So theres that.