DjangoBooks.com

DjangoFestNW

DjangoBooksDjangoBooks Seattle✭✭✭ All of them!
edited September 2014 in North America Posts: 446
imageDjangoFestNW

DjangoFest Northwest, presented by Whidbey Island Center for the Arts, is proud to be celebrating its fourteenth year of presenting the top names in Gypsy Jazz with the return of one of its most respected artists – Stochelo Rosenberg! He will be joined by his brother Mozes and the great...

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    And the countdown begins! :!!
  • Ryan RheaRyan Rhea Memphis, TN✭✭ '02 Lehmann Eclipse
    I'll be there! Can't wait. :) As a new player, what better way to jump start my GJ playing than attending this festival? So cool!

RR
  • LoritmoLoritmo Pacific NW✭✭✭
    Going to be a good festival, no doubt. Can't believe it's just around the corner....

Lorretta
    I'm curious what others who have attended past Djangofests recommend I pack for the trip. For sure I'll be bringing extra picks, strings, etc. Anything out-of-the-ordinary that I should bring that one wouldn't normally think of, or any wise advice?

This is my first such festival (of any kind) and I'm really looking forward to it!

RR
  • MandobartMandobart ✭✭ Mandolin, Octave Mandolin, Mandocello, Fiddles
    I'll be heading over there, too. I have the same question as Ryan. I'll be bringing a guitar, 5 string fiddle and mandolin; signed up for some workshops and of course tix for the shows. Hope to get in some jams that won't boot out a rank beginner.
  • It can get quite cool in the evenings and it can be rainy as well. I can only recall one or maybe two wet days in several DFNW over the years but nights are mostly quite cool. Can be beautifully warm during the day.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Anyone camped at the fairgrounds there before? I called and they said I don't need reservations for my 25' Airstream. I don't think they have hookups. Got an awning for rain protection; do they allow campfires in a portable fire pit there?
    I've been eying that same report. Rain? In WA? No way! :)

I just hope it won't be raining a bunch the whole time.

RR
  • I have never seen the fairgrounds campsite completely full.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed