DjangoBooks.com

I wanna sell my problematic DG-250M, is it worth anything? (see description)

2»

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    edited November 2014 Posts: 763
    You don't want to mess with the bridge's height before the top has been re-hydrated to normality. It can take some time but usually after that you don't even need to raise the action. Best!
    pickitjohn
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Humidity here on the Coast of Texas is usually high. I like to maintain 45% RH. Sometimes I run a Dehumidifier with a degree setting, that works and I empty the bucket about every two days. We just got a Cold snap and with the heat on the RH was in the low 30's.
    I made a red-neck humidifier by wetting a small microfiber towel and clipping it to fan. In less then an hour and two soaks of the towel I was back in ideal RH land of 45-50%.

Definitely getting to be the time of the year to keep an R H.

Good Luck & pick on
  • I live in SC and low humidity isn't an issue here so I don't have those problems. I bought a mint used one with half dozen sets of strings a couple of years ago for $500. Beautiful guitar that sounds fairly good...I have a big piece of leather under tailpiece which helps with nasty overtones. Leveled frets help but action is still not great and it's work to play. Lowering too much causes lots of buzzing. Its OK for a backup.