DjangoBooks.com

FS: 1982 Favino (cedar top)

Comments

• nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    No problem, just trying to be helpful and help the sale in the process. I just put on Galli GSL11s and it seems as they are made for this guitar; it sounds even better than the recording here.
    5300 plus shipping. There aren't many of these guitars available these days, especially in this condition. Listen to the audio, it's really got a classic full Favino tone, a great guitar.
    Exchange rate today is 1.08 USD= 1.00 Euro.
    Interested?
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 93
    This is an absolute fantastic price on a classic Favino. That tone is simply tremendous. In my opinion, one of the greatest Favino tones I've heard. This is as good, or better, than the finest vintage manouche guitars I've played or heard. A similar guitar is available at Elderly for around $6200. There are no sound clips for that one however, and it has some issues. This one is extremely clean. Someone needs to buy this.
  • Grappelli-DjangoCampGrappelli-DjangoCamp The Netherlands
    It's certainly really warm and full sounding, but still retains that Gypsy bite. The tone is spectacular and will make someone a very happy camper. My house mate Thomas, a very well known guitarist in this style, thinks the neck is the most perfect of any gypsy guitar, really smooth playing and an ideal shape. For me it's definitely that sound that you can only find in older guitars, the aged tone, that makes it so great.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 93
    At 5300, he is practically giving this guitar away. A Dupont Favino is going to cost you 5K. Granted, it's a great guitar but this is a true Favino. Vintage gypsy guitars in this shape, having this tone, and at this price are nearly impossible to come by.
    It most certainly sounds wonderful. Although this indeed is a rare opportunity, it's not easy to find a guitar buyer who's ready to put down over 5K on an instrument. But I'm more then sure it'll sell. And that's the beauty of prized vintage instruments, you only need to put money down once, from that point on you can make even swaps.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    This guitar will certainly be the centerpiece of anyone's collection. That full, warm, and robust tone is undeniably great.
    Buco
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Looks like same guitar on ebay ending today...

Seems someone SNAGGED the Brass DR Tailpiece, wonder if they took the Bigtone pick up also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Favino-gypsy-jazz-guitar-/221883015616?hash=item33a94221c0