DjangoBooks.com

Forum's 10 Year Anniversary!

2»

Comments

• JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL
    Thank you for providing a place like this for all of us Michael!
    MichaelHorowitz
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Michael and members, for keeping the best guitar site on the web going. Been a member over 4 years, but lurked for at least a couple before joining. I'm sure the traffic is much higher than it appears. Thanks for not cluttering it up with a bunch of ads and pop- ups.
    Swang on,
    MichaelHorowitz
    The Niglo's Picks wish you a Happy Birthday !!
    MichaelHorowitz
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    This site and forum is the perfect example of enlightened commerce and generously shared knowledge.

I've had an interest in this music most of my life, but there was simply no way to pursue it reasonably without traveling to where the instruments and the players reside. Part of this evolution is the miracle of the internet, of course. The rest is like everything else: the tool and how we choose to use it.

This forum is a particularly well-designed tool for encouragement and the sharing of knowledge. I can truly say that because of this place, I have now embarked on something I've only thought about for so many years. I now own two Gypsy Jazz style guitars, I am totally immersed in the music, and I will be for the rest of my life. This forum and the discussions I've had with its members and with Michael have awoken my interest in playing guitar after a hiatus of 12 years.

All I can do is try to be as generous with others who come seeking information and help.

Thanks, Michael, and my thanks to all the forum contributors.
    BucoMichaelHorowitzJazzaferriRob MacKillop
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Thanks Michael, I've learned a lot from these people and this place!
    MichaelHorowitzJazzaferri
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Michael, congratulations! Thanks for being a superb resource and vital connexion for all of us in the GJ community. I think I've been with you for most of the 10yrs and although I now post a lot less, I'm no less grateful for the advice & knowledge that you've willingly shared over the years and that others have also willingly shared by having access to Djangobooks. I might not listen as much to GJ as I once did, having discovered other young mainstream jazz guitar cats such as Gilad Hekselman, if you've not heard him, check him out, he was at Samois 2014 with his trio; yet I still play GJ regularly and it still gives me a big kick every time I pick up my old Gallato or older Anastassio! Cheers to all! Phil
    MichaelHorowitzJazzaferri
    In 2004 I also took my first Gypsy jazz class at Old Town School with Alfonso P. Soon after I found and started using this forum for education, inspiration, entertainment and a place where people "understood".

I've been on other various forums but this is the only one where no one ever posted "SEARCH!" when a newcomer would ask for umpteenth time about the rest stroke or the best beginner guitar or if you can play this music on a regular acoustic or... Every time they would be met with patient people and thoughtful answers. And that's always been the prevailing spirit around here.

One thing I kinda realized while working in different companies in this country is that usually the general atmosphere of that company reflects the character of it's founder.
    So in that line the feel of Djangobooks is probably mirroring it's own founder.

Cheers Michael, here's to you and the next 10
    MichaelHorowitzJazzaferripickitjohn
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel