DjangoBooks.com

Left hand finger stretching?

13»

Comments

Combining advice from the posts above and what I figured on my own I've been doing a small stretching routine since I started this thread and good improvements are already obvious.
    I wish I was improving so rapidly in other areas of my studies.
    I'll continue this for a while longer, with everything together it takes about half hour.
    kevorkazito
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 4,746
    You know, a little bit of this stuff makes a difference in a short period of time, I wish other stuff would come as easily.
    Now I can grab that impossible shape that @Wim Glenn brought up once, that one below.

That's not why I asked the hand stretch questions though, but I used that crazy shape as the measuring stick because I tried it when it was posted and couldn't get close to making a sound out of it.

The reason I asked is a much more mundane 7/b11, as used in "Freddie Freeloader" like this one below. Although I could stretch my pinky, in this shape my ring finger would wanna follow the pinky, I couldn't separate them like in pic below.
    Much better now.

Thanks for everyone's advice!
    pickitjohnsteffo
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel