DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Kruno's CD is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. He played and taught at Django in June this year. Tall, dark, and handsome, in that brooding Eastern European sort of way. PLUS he can hold his own on guitar with anyone at all. Also a great teacher and very nice guy to boot.

The album is a wonderful mix of gypsy jazz standards and Balkan tunes, a nice combination. My only complaint is, I wish there were more vocals, because in addition to everything else, he sings in this very rich baritone. At Django in June, some of his Balkan folk songs sounded so heartbreaking they made you want to cry, even though you couldn't understand a word.

If you're a guy, you just sort of want to shoot him before the women see him.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Believe it or not, I haven't heard Kruno's CD yet....I forgot to get a copy while he was at Django in June! If I have my way, though, he'll be back.

The Colin CD is one of my favorites...realy lovely.

Andrew
    communityguitar.com
    djangoinjune.com