It would be cool if this gor produced

Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
edited March 2006 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 622
Any one know any thing about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izUuoLd- ... psy%20jazz

Cheers,
Josh

Comments

That was posted on Steve Royal's UK site, but apparently production has been delayed or stopped.

btw, am I the only who has seen a massive decline in the usability of youtube.com in the past month? I think it got too popular for its own good...

Carter
  • brandoneonbrandoneon Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, France✭✭✭
    btw, am I the only who has seen a massive decline in the usability of youtube.com in the past month? I think it got too popular for its own good...

There was a write-up in the NY Times on February 3rd that described YouTube as "a new trove of music video in the web's wild world". Could explain an upsurge in popularity ... that's how I learned about the website.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    is the film really complete? the last i heard was that they hadn't even begun shooting (that was about a year ago) .. All they had done was a pilot (that youtube video).

They were looking for financial support to compelte it
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    I recently read something about it & it suggested that the film had been made & was being released to coincide with Jimmy's release from prison. Anyone know anything about this?
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    jimmy isn't in prison though ('he s going through something but not prison), at least that wasn't the news from hans meelen at samois 05..
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Here, I found the reference:

From the blog of the excellent Fretboard Journal:
    This clip on YouTube appears to from a documentary that is being made about Jimmy Rosenberg, who is one the finest young Gypsy jazz players. I found this mention of it on a website about upcoming film projects: “Thomas Robsahm, of Norway’s Speranza Film, will produce Gipsy Heart, the portrait of 24-year-old guitar virtuoso Jimmy Rosenberg, who is expected to take up the legacy of legendary Django Reinhardt. Staffan Strandberg will direct the film of the King of Jazz Manouche, who will be out of prison next spring to prove to the world and his wife and child he can conquer the drugs which once conquered him.” I’ll try and dig up more info on it. It looks very interetsing.–MJS

The portion in quotes seems to have come from this site, dated 28 September, 2005.

Of course, I know nothing about the situation, but at least now I know I didn't dream the prison bit up.

Whatever his situation it sounds like it's not ideal -- lets hope he can pull it together.

John