DjangoBooks.com

Pickup Help

CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
Okay, this is a bit off topic, but I wasn't sure who else to ask, so here goes...

The original New Yorker pickup on my '54 Epiphone Zephyr is shot. I need to replace it but have no idea what to get. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Thanks,

Rod

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    What kind of pick up is it? I would replace it with a Gibson pickup if you want to spend the money. Alao I would call these guys Guitar Maniacs
    (253) 272-4741 They have everything or can get just about anything. Some one there would know what pickup would work well for that guitar.

Cheers
  • MontereyJacquesMontereyJacques ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011 Posts: 81
  • musicofanaticmusicofanatic Swingville✭✭✭
    I believe the Gibson mini-humbucker (that appeared on many sixties epi's, as well as Gibson Firebirds, etc.) will easily mount in place of the Epi N.Y. p.u.s, without modification of the gtr. Many (Duke Robillard, f'rinstance) consider the mini-h.b. a vast improvement over the N.Y. It could be argued that installing a replacement (with no modifications to the inst) and setting aside the original p.u. will maintain the highest value of the inst...repairing the original p.u. would degrade the value.
    chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp...