DjangoBooks.com

Solution for live sound?

2»

Comments

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    I've worked on a bit more with marginally better results, again all on a solid body with springy strings. Since the VG-8 was mentioned I can say playing the modeled GJ stuff feels similar, good but not quite right. Again maybe using a GJ guitar would help but maybe not. You can watch a video and be convinced but once you get your hands on something and the feel is a slight bit off you realize you can't tell everything from a video.

At a few hundred bucks it is probably worth a shot...more than that and probably back to magnetic pickup land. Personally the difference in volume i have found between strings with a magnetic pickup for lead has made it almost unusable for me. I have a peche and tried the Guzz.
  • I'm just not crazy about the magnetic sound. IMO might as well play a nice archtop. I'm gonna let my bandmate who owns a big music store buy it first and mess with it. I can get one for a good price if worth it.