DjangoBooks.com

A closer look to one of Django's picks

NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
edited September 2015 in Welcome Posts: 98
Earlier today was watching videos of Martin Taylor and found out that Stéphane Grappelli actually gave him one of Django's pick.

Here is the video: (go to 5:58)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Mysq55kQg8c

Comments

• rob.cuellarirob.cuellari ✭✭✭✭
    reminds me a lot of the wegen trimus picks
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    here's the image, a pretty heavy beveled angle...
    MichaelHorowitzNejcwim
  • NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
    edited September 2015 Posts: 98
    I think it would be really nice for me and all the other pick "nerds" if some manufacturer would try to reproduce this kind of pick.
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    It looks pretty much like the various reports from people who had actually seen them have indicated.
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    Now everyone will want a heart shaped bakelite pick! And if there's a market, someone will produce them...
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    The Vladimir Muzic Triator looks similar, but Mr. Taylor would be the one to judge similarities in sound.
    That Djangojazz is waaay too heavy. I think it's unlikely that his actual pick was 6mm. But knowing that he would play with anything, maybe. I love the shape but they refuse to make it thinner.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    stuart wrote: »

I bought this pick at Django in June this year. It's a beast! I find it to be great for rhythm. A little clunky for leads though. Truthfully, I don't use it much. It's a cool pick, but I think I may have bought it just to feed my pick addiction, and out of curiosity to see what the man himself used. And at $40, it isn't one that I leave the house with.
  • Thats a fat pick.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    All of the others they do, but this one they explicitly state they won't make it in any other size. At least that was the case last time I looked.
    I'd love to get it in 2mm size.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel