DjangoBooks.com

Oval or D Hole?

Comments

Yeah Dana, who's building it? You can't keep us in suspense!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    Jazzaferri wrote: »
    Are you buying an actual Favino?
    You have me confused with the rich Dana that lives in some alternate universe, ha!
    What I meant to say was Favino - style guitar
    I guess there was no reason not to say Buco - I am getting a JWC, made in England. I got a lot of information from a player in DC that has not only their Jazz model but also their Favino. He likes both, but told me the Favino was better all round - more bass and mids. So the Favino style is not so hard core Django style. This fellow also owns Duponts and actually likes the JWC better.
    Of course everyone's milage may vary, but I feel good about this. The folks at JWC are wonderful to deal with too.
    I still can hardly believe I am getting a guitar built for me. Trust me, if you wanted to have a clarinet or sax custom built for you - well, you would have to be that guy in the alternate universe.
    I will post pics when I get the guitar, sometime in January.

Buco
  • ianmed67ianmed67 England Self built petite Bouche
    What's the name of the tune in the video posted by T1mothy?
    Yeah congratulations! I'm happy you made a choice. You can't go wrong with JWC from what I hear. I think I recently saw a video here with Lollo Meier happily playing his JWC. If it's good enough for him...
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • John McLure maybe Been so long cant remember
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Part of the herd
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    Buco wrote: »
    Yeah congratulations! I'm happy you made a choice. You can't go wrong with JWC from what I hear. I think I recently saw a video here with Lollo Meier happily playing his JWC. If it's good enough for him...
    If it is the short clip I am thinking of, that is one of the things that convinced me to go with a JWC. That and tons of other impressive video clips and comments here and elsewhere. Someone on this forum has a Favnio style JWC that he just loves.
    You aren't the only one who is happy I made up my mind, I was driving myself mad trying to decide! Now maybe I can relax a bit and get back to practicing.......
  • Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you get it.
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    ianmed67 wrote: »
    What's the name of the tune in the video posted by T1mothy?
    "I surrender dear" - a hit for Bing Crosby and Thelonious Monk among others.

• ianmed67ianmed67 England Self built petite Bouche
    @billwilliams thanks a lot Bill