DjangoBooks.com

Looking for GJ play-along tracks for rhythm guitarist: only lead and bass

2»

Comments

• While I have no interest in it other than it is based in my hometown Band in a Box can do exactly that and does have GJ real tracks
    bohemewarbler
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • steven_eiresteven_eire Wicklow✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    edited November 2015 Posts: 172
    DC Music also has a rhythm course with Hono Winterstein, that has play-alongs where the rhythm guitar is muted so you can play with just the lead guitar and Violin.

http://www.dc-musicschool.com/catalogue/video-lessons/gypsy-jazz-rhythm-with-hono-winterstein-vol-3/

I feel like I need to add a disclaimer that I haven't tried the course myself, but it sounds like what the OP was looking for.
    Barkonator
  • When I started this seriously, there was only Robin's books and CD's for those of us living in out of the way places.

Now there is an overwhelming amount of resources online. Like so much in this modern world ....Feels like too many choices at times.
    Jim Kaznosky
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • DaveycDaveyc
    Hemert is this that your talking about advanced course at Rosenberg academy?
  • 761761 New
    edited February 2022 Posts: 8

@bohemewarbler - band in a box is great - and there is a guy out there that does “django in a box” that has almost every tune in it. Also - if your budget allows - get the gypsy real tracks for biab - they are worth it.

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Yeah, another big BIAB fan here…easy to use, metronomically perfect and fun.

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited February 2022 Posts: 3,319

I just have always played along with bands that I like on youtube and try not to stink it up too bad :-)

Slow the speed down if necessary