DjangoBooks.com

Joseph joseph solo

misterdanielbmisterdanielb Paris/NoviSad✭✭ Florian Jegu
in Welcome Posts: 44
Hello !
i did a little solo on joseph joseph...

If you want to work on it the slow version here & pdf & guitar pro available here: http://www.danielbeja.fr/joseph-joseph/

Slow Version:

Have fun ! :)
Hugh HuffakerNylonDaveScoredogBillDaCostaWilliamsBucoPetrov

Comments

• NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    edited December 2015 Posts: 462
    Great stuff. Strong performance and loads of ideas.

I liked the quote at around 1.31. I think I heard that on the Romanian section of Laitcha Drom am I right ?

Any info on what to listen to absorb that kind of style would be appreciated.

Thanks for the music and the generous sharing. !
  • misterdanielbmisterdanielb Paris/NoviSad✭✭ Florian Jegu
    hey hello :) 01:30 in the slow version ? well this is more an adapted citation of i've found a new baby theme :)
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Nice ideas, thanks!
    hey hello :) 01:30 in the slow version ? well this is more an adapted citation of i've found a new baby theme :)

Oops , 1.22 to 1.26 of the top video, right after the IFANB stuff. Maybe you are quoting a quote ?

D.

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Great! I dont hear it as a quote, it is just a lick using common scales in Eastern Europe, no?
    edited December 2015 Posts: 462
    PapsPier wrote: »
    Great! I dont hear it as a quote, it is just a lick using common scales in Eastern Europe, no?

Yeah, I guess, and Django used it the basis of Rhythm Futur. First with a C7b5b13 and then with a G7b9 with a chromatic passing tone between G and F.

Here is the Laitcha Drom, material I am referring to starts at 5.10 is and seem to be the basis for the fabulous dulcimer material. I noticed the poster was from the Balkans and was looking for some recommendations for some good CD's of traditionally based music exploiting this style to feed my ears.

D.

• misterdanielbmisterdanielb Paris/NoviSad✭✭ Florian Jegu
    edited December 2015 Posts: 44
    yes it's a common scale of eastern or gypsy music...
    in Am you make

A B C D# E F# G

the 6 major (F#) and 4# (D#) make the mood... :)
    NylonDave
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 3,707
    Thats an interesting one. 4th mode of the harmonic minor scale methinks.

Enjoyed listening...thanks for posting that.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    @misterdanielb I would be very grateful if you could recommend a short set of pieces which use this sound for me to listen to so I can study this sound. And especially a trusted recording.

Thanks.

D.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Great playing and ideas!!