DjangoBooks.com

Best Gig Bag Under $150

2»

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited December 2015 Posts: 1,252

"At cost" is a nice price for sure...

They do make cheaper ones, but take a look at them before you buy, to make sure you get one with enough protection. I wasn't overwhelmed with their economy bags - pretty standard fare. I think the CCG series is least expensive one with the full padding. Their lowend bags have 1/2" padding, their midrange ones have 3/4" padding and their CCG, Pro & Custom bags have 1" padding with 2" buttresses at stress points. Looking at them side by side, it seemed that the CCG was basically their $400 bag but without the leather. The zippers & strap didn't look quite as buffed - though better than average to be sure.
    rgrice
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    We've always had good luck with these: http://www.djangobooks.com/Item/BOULDER-BAG-ALPINE-SERIES-GREEN-CB-360GN

They fit Gypsy guitars perfectly and hold up very well....never had any complaints and we've sold 100s over the years.
    rgrice
  • @MichaelHorowitz the price is really good! Not wild about the color selection, tho it's not that big a deal. Since my other guitar player owns a music store, I feel guilty buying online much. Plus he gives me at cost pricing. Thanks again everyone for the great insights!
  • @Bob Holo thanks and you're correct. That's the bag with 1" padding and can be gotten on Amazon for $154. That bag comes highly recommended!
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    The SKB is only $70 bucks and very light with much better protection than a bag
    rgrice
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    I just got the SKB - 18. My Favino sized guitar fits very well. Not too tight and it doesn't shift at all. The lid closes nicely and won't press down hard on the guitar's bridge. The case itself is very light weight. Its basically a cross between a gig bag and a hard shell. Better than the Road Runner gig bag regarding protection and fit.
    BluesBop Harry
    HCQ
  • After looking at many I opted for an inexpensive Gator GB-4G which I got new for $40. It's about 3/4" thick and has nice straps. Not a whole lotta protection but it's only for local gigs. My buddy who owns a music store talked me outta more expensive ones! Seems fine for my needs. A little long for the guitar but a towel will fix that!