DjangoBooks.com

Denver Community Jam

2»

Comments

• Hugh HuffakerHugh Huffaker Denver Dupont MD60
    Aaron and David, thanks for the complement on the website, looking forward to playing again in a few weeks. @guitarua, hope to see you there as well!
  • SwingHardSwingHard Denver Altamira M30D Antique
    Hugh, great work on the website! Looking forward to playing with you all again.
  • guitaruaguitarua New Holo
    What's the protocol for this? Do people bring charts? Adult beverages?
    @guitarua I would bring a stand and the django fakebook either printed out or on an ipad. Adult beverages are more than welcome. Mike, looking forward to playing with you again on Thursday!
  • Dammit,
    I am going to have to miss this jam. I suck. Hope to catch you guys next time.
  • shegashega Colorado✭✭✭
    this is exciting. what would be the prospects for a relatively illiterate, zero repertoire player? come and learn? stay at home and practice first?
    @shega , anyone who wants to learn gypsy jazz is more than welcome to come to the jam. It's a steep learning curve, but we def. want you to come to the jam and get psyched on gypsy jazz.

I would recommend knowing basic jazz chords and watching some videos on "la pompe" rhythm playing. You can see a playlist of standards and the django fakebook at www. gypsyjazzdenver.com

@kungfumonk007 (Aaron Walker) will be at the jam. He's a fantastic player and gypsy jazz guitar teacher in Denver. If you are interested in getting into GJ you should def. try to get some lessons with him. Hope to see you there.

Hugh
    Sorry I missed it last night, got caught up in a friend's bday. Next month! Do you guys have a regular bassist? I have a couple interested and they wanted to know if it was ok to show up.
    @guitarua, sorry you couldn't make it. It would great if you brought a bassist with you next month, especially if they were interested in being a regular bassist with the monthly jam. We don't have that kind of consistency yet with a bassist. see you next month!
    @Hugh Huffaker I'll put the word out
    Hugh Huffaker