DjangoBooks.com

FS: Leo Eimers Antique Model Guitar SOLD

crothcroth ✭✭
edited February 2016 in Classifieds Posts: 107
SOLD

I am offering a wonderful 2012 Leo Eimers Antique model for sale. I have been the only owner of this guitar and I take excellent care of my instruments.

It has s spruce top and Brazilian rosewood palisander sides and back.

It is in excellent condition but I made two modifications to it that I feel I should make clear.

The first was that I had the 10th fret dot markers professionally moved to the 9th fret to make it easier for me to transition between it and my more standardized 9th fret marker guitars.

The second is that I noticed that I was wearing the area under the high e string where a pickguard might have been. So I had a custom made real ebony pickguard made by a luthier who specializes in these, and put on the guitar. It looks great and functions really well.

I have included pictures of the guitar both as I purchased it and then with the pickguard added and the 10th fret markers moved. Both are perfect jobs.

The guitar comes, of course, with both a bigtone pickup bridge and a standard bridge, as supplied with the guitar by Eimers, and a Hiscox case.

I love this guitar but, alas, GAS calls, I have an opportunity for another guitar that interests me, and it's time for a change after 3 years. I wish I could keep them both but just don't see the point.

$3250 includes insured shipping within the CONUS. Email me to discuss payment options. Direct pickup is an option, for which I'll reduce the price. I'm in the NY area, just outside of NYC.

Email me at
or call or text me at
. -Carl

Appel

Comments

• AppelAppel ✭✭✭
    My goodness, it's absolutely gorgeous. The tuners are fantastic, they look beautiful, just like the originals.

Your price seems incredibly fair. GLWTS.
  • crothcroth ✭✭
    Thank you Appel. I appreciate the remarks. It is a gorgeous instrument, impeccably made, and I am confident that the price is eminently fair.

*** PLEASE NOTE THAT SOMEHOW MY SERVER "LOST" SOME OF MY EMAILS ON FRIDAY, 2/12. I NEVER FAIL TO RESPOND TO EMAILS, SO IF YOU EMAILED ME, PLEASE RE-SEND IT AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU RIGHT AWAY. APOLOGIES. ***
  • normjohnsonnormjohnson ca
    Is the pick guard removable?
  • crothcroth ✭✭
    The artisan who made the pickguard told me that it used a light adhesive and can be taken off. I will help a buyer get in touch with that guy, a gypsy jazz guitar dealer in California. However, the guitar is being sold as is. I cannot make a representation that the pickguard can be removed.
  • crothcroth ✭✭
    I do have the information for contacting the guy. In any case, after reading up on the subject, I'm pretty confident that any reasonable luthier can remove the pickguard if you don't want to tackle it yourself.