DjangoBooks.com

Gonzalo Bergara teaching at the 2016 Crown of the Continent Guitar Festival (Montana, late August)

ctdavectdave Connecticut / VermontNew Shelley Park Encore
I've been going to Montana for this wonderful event for several years- they offer week-long classes in several genres (rock, jazz, classical, fingerstyle, blues, etc), and they are finally adding a gypsy class! Students go to daily classes in their discipline, then can attend master classes with some amazing performers (like Pat Metheney, Joe Bonomassa, Robben Ford, Mike Stern, Beppe Gambetta, Steve Lukather, Julian Lage, Lee Ritenauer, etc). There's a concert each night in a beautiful venue (Flathead Lake Lodge in Bigfork, where students stay), late night jams, and if all this wasn't enough, Glacier National Park is nearby (the event has a bus to take students there).

I read a lot of good things on this forum about Gonzalo's classes at Django in June a few years back, before I started playing GJ- I'm really looking forward to this year's event. Check it out at http://www.crownguitarfest.org/.
timthomas

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016 Posts: 518
    Hey Dave, I probably won't attend the classes portion of the festival but I'll be going to see Gonzalo as well as Julian Lage in concert.
    Ill be staying about a mile from the lodge so keep my email if you or anyone else wants to jam, I grew up in the area and my parents live on the lake, flathead is the absolute best!
    [email protected]
  • ctdavectdave Connecticut / VermontNew Shelley Park Encore
    Sounds great! I'll be in touch- our friends in Bigfork have already been jamming with some great players from the area (violin, guitar, bass)... see you then!