DjangoBooks.com

Learning 5 solos by django in june (personal challenge)

13»

Comments

• I agree with the sentiment that the ultimate goal is to sound like yourself. Still, it sure is a hell of an accomplishment to get one of these up to full speed. To me, all I've hoped out of diving deep into this style was to become a better musician. Studying these and understanding why the lines work, as opposed to just lick mining, will likely get you very far. Keep doing it, Anthony. I'm enjoying watching this.
  • DaveycDaveyc
    I learn a lot when learning others tunes, but only when I grow my technique and ability to master my instrument the better my understanding of form and musical flow hence my brain and ability come together, hopefully, and after hours and hours and days and days of practicing. Great conversation. Because sometimes it's like lango said Zing gone .:)
  • JulienJulien Paris, FranceNew Dupont MD50B
    This article provides IMO interesting guidelines regarding what to do once you've learned a lick.
    BucoDaveyc
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,817
    Julien thank you for this link.
    I didn't have time to read all of it, but from what I scanned of it, it's right up my alley.

Thanks Anthony, you inspired me to transcribe one of those ultra fast passages myself just to see what the heck are they doing in one of those, how does the line flow, how many notes per string and such.

edit: I moved the rest of the post to the other thread I started so I'm not cluttering Anthony's thread.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel