DjangoBooks.com

Gig Bag (sturdy) good for GJ guitars with an external width of no greater than 18"?

bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
Anyone aware of a sturdy gig bag good for GJ guitars with an external width no greater than 18"? I'll be traveling via airlines, and part of my journey occurs on the same AirCanada Regional Jet 700 that I took last year in which my 19" gig bag did not fit in the overhead bins. While my Boulder bag (at 17.5") does fit, this year I'll be doing some additional traveling across Europe, and I am hoping for a little sturdier bag, ideally with a neck brace/head lock (which the Boulder bag doesn't have). If you have a tape measurer, and don't mind checking, please let me know if yours fits the bill. - Thanks!

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I'm interested in the Gator GL-Dread 12 which measures at 18". http://www.gatorcases.com/p/16117-1562/gl-dread-12
    $89 at some of the music discounters.
  • bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    Thanks, Jon.

Interesting...Musician's Friend shows the GL-Dread 12 having a 19" exterior width. Can't always trust the manufacturer's specs. See below Musician's Friend specs:

GL-Dread-12 Lightweight Dreadnought Guitar Case
    Exterior: 45.5" x 19" x 6"

Same thing here with the 6-string:
    GL-Dread Lightweight Dreadnought Guitar Case

Exterior: 45.5" x 19" x 6"

I believe these need to be personally tested. Sounds like it's worth a test.
    I'm going to check on Road Runner Orchestra Model now (advertised ext. width 17"). It doesn't have the neck brace, but its top and bottom are padded much better than the Boulder.