DjangoBooks.com

Interview with Jason Anick and the Rhythm Future Quartet | Blog

DjangoBooksDjangoBooks Seattle✭✭✭ All of them!
edited August 2016 in Welcome Posts: 446
imageInterview with Jason Anick and the Rhythm Future Quartet | Blog

By Dwight Deason Since their founding, the Rhythm Future Quartet has become one most exciting new Gypsy Jazz bands in America and around the world. Led by Boston based violinist Jason Anick, an

Read the full story here

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Kudos to Dwight Deason for taking the time to do this great interview with the guys from Rhythm Future!
    Daveyc
    Thanks for the great interview!
    Max is a great addition. Vinny is great too but probably too busy to make a steady commitment. With Max they'll probably have better opportunity to create and realize their musical visions.
    Until Max is ready to go and carve out his own path. Which is going to happen.
    But for now I look forward to hearing what they will come up with next. New York is lucky to have Olli as it's resident.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    True true, Buco. These gents will bear fruit both together and individually over time. Knowledge and skill tempering itself on the anvil of performance -- Its a beautiful thing. Great album, too. It's a wonderful synthesis of Dutch School & New School (Yes, I know that musical "school" labels don't describe creative works adequately, but that's how it feels to me when I'm listening to the album - the rhythms / backbeats / expressiveness / fireworks) Whichever terms a person might use to describe it - it's damned good.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.