DjangoBooks.com

Selling my '79 Favino...

JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
in Classifieds Posts: 391
Hi everyone,

The time has come, and I'm looking to sell my 1979 Favino #658. It's a great guitar, and because the Australian Dollar has fallen a lot relative to the US since I bought it, I can be pretty reasonable on price (send me a message if you're interested - I don't want to put a round figure publicly here if that's ok). I've recorded with it, and done lots of YouTube videos with it over the last few years.

Here's the blurb I put on Facebook:

"So I'm thinking of selling my 1979 Favino #658. Transitional years Model 10, with JP Favino's slightly shorter 666mm scale length, which is great to play. I've been playing it for around 4 years. It's been on a few albums, and lots of YouTube videos, so you can hear what it sounds like (let me know if you want links)

It's obviously not spotless, has signs of wear and has been well used over its 37 years, but it plays well, sounds really direct and dry, is very loud, and is a Favino. Serious character. There are some surface cracks, but these have been assessed regularly by a luthier for as long as I have had it, and are stable and not going anywhere. Newish frets. I've taken good care of this this thing. It's been played by me on over 800 gigs, and has been my main guitar since I bought it.

PM me if you are interested, and we can discuss price/shipping..."

Here's something quick that I recorded today with it:

https://www.facebook.com/jon.delaney.92/posts/10154488155141953?notif_t=like&notif_id=1467859888441394

Comments

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Hi! just to say I have the Favino 657Bis dated 8 may 1979, 668mm (first owner). Great guitars! Best
    Jon
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Just a little bump to say that this is still for sale if anyone is interested :) Any questions, let me know.
  • db5db5 New
    I love Favino's. Love them. This one is a beauty. Sounds just fantastic in your hands. I envy it's next owner. Cheers and good luck on the sale!
  • plexi69plexi69 New

What is the asking price for this guitar? Thanks

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Hi Plexi69. You're probably not aware that Jon - the original poster - recently and sadly passed away. So you're not likely to hear anything. Also the post is from 5 years ago, Cheers.

always learning
  • plexi69plexi69 New

Thanks and sorry for the loss.