DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy jazz influenced classical improvisation

2»

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    One more question Mikko, what microphone or pickup system did you used to record your videos with?
  • MikkoKarhulaMikkoKarhula Helsinki, Finland✭✭ Manouche Orchestre 14-fret D-hole #134
    One more question Mikko, what microphone or pickup system did you used to record your videos with?

It was simply Zoom H2 to Garageband. :)
  • I really enjoyed listening to your video's @MikkoKarhula Who made your guitar?
    MikkoKarhula
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • MikkoKarhulaMikkoKarhula Helsinki, Finland✭✭ Manouche Orchestre 14-fret D-hole #134
    Jazzaferri wrote: »
    I really enjoyed listening to your video's @MikkoKarhula Who made your guitar?

Thank you a lot! This guitar is made by Cordoba Guitars. I had installed thin golpeadors on it and also lower action a little bit.

Kindest,
    Mikko

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    That is some exquisite music, Mikko.

Can I come to Finland and study with at your feet?

Ha ha, don't worry, just kidding!

Will
    MikkoKarhula
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • Will, why would you want to study his feet.
    MikkoKarhula
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    That is some exquisite music, Mikko.

Can I come to Finland and study with at your feet?

Ha ha, don't worry, just kidding!

Will

Well Will, I think I have to skip your proposal this time. :)
    But if you are interested I have a couple of videos in Youtube which I have made tabs/notation.I can send them free. Just email me. Address is in the youtube video info. For example this Classical Inspired Arpeggios
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=O0ZU-Osk2wA

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Jay, perhaps because I think I might be more successful at that than studying his hands! :P

Mikko, I just e-mailed you for those free tabs... might take me a few hours to play them like you do though!

BTW, your YouTube arrangement of Autumn Leaves is lovely, too...

Thanks,

Will
    MikkoKarhula
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Jay, perhaps because I think I might be more successful at that than studying his hands! :P

Mikko, I just e-mailed you for those free tabs... might take me a few hours to play them like you do though!

BTW, your YouTube arrangement of Autumn Leaves is lovely, too...

Thanks,

Will

Thank you Will! Nice to hear that you liked my Autumn Leaves arrangement.
    I sent you tabs. Hope you find those useful. :) In this etude it is a bit hard to get all the written notes played because of the fast position changes. But to me the most useful benefit in this etude is when you understand those kind of arpeggios and relate it to chords. And try to add them to your vocabulary.

cheers, Mikko
    pickitjohn