DjangoBooks.com

New website - Django War Quintett

13»

Comments

• rob.cuellarirob.cuellari ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016 Posts: 114
    nm wrong year! i'll find the correct one.

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    These ones are with violin, this is the one with the clarinet Quintet.
    I often use this website with all the recordings of Django more or less correctly organized http://papabecker.com/1947.htm
    i figured out this solo. i can't read/write in standard notation, but would be happy to put this out in soundslice or i could just do a video lesson breakdown of all the phrases.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Great Rob! Thanks for your help. I would be happy with whatever format is more convenient for you. I will write it down based on what you will give me.

I am working on my side to finish the transcriptions of the recordings of the session of July 6, 1947 (Anniversary Song, Danse Norvegienne...).
    for now i'll add this:

and i tried at about 70% but messed up i think in two small parts, pretty minor.

i also noticed i didn't get the last part django got in there towards the 1st half of the last A...or the little things he did before his solo.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Thanks again I ll check that in details later. But you have a nice sound!
    My right hand still sucks when I am soloing! (my left hand sucks when I'm improvising!)