DjangoBooks.com

Dell'Arte Pigalle Availability

2»

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    If your going to spend $800 then get the DG-300 for $810. The 300 has a much truer GJ tone right out of the box and with the proper set up and bridge it is a fine instrument.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Wanna hear something scary?

From the John Jorgenson Homepage's Message Board (written by the man himself)

"Most modern Selmer style guitars do have slimmer necks than the originals. My signature model Gitane has a fairly hefty neck, but I have had it scaled down somewhat on the next batch that will come out later this year"

SCALED DOWN!? Damn, for one time they had it right!
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    Well get the good ones now while you can!!!
  • kellysedarskellysedars USA/IowaNew
    Well, I think you've convinced me to go with the DG-300, and I like the idea of having you guys give it a thorough once-over before I get it...and the bridge replacement sounds like a must.

One question about ordering from Djangobooks, though. If I chose not to order a case (I'm kind of stuck on these tweed Selmer-style cases I see elsewhere on the web--you don't have those do you?), is that safe to ship the guitar? I would worry a little about boxing up a bare guitar--especially if it's just been expertly set up. Is this an unfounded concern, or should I bite the bullet and get the cheapest case just to ensure safe travels? Thanks for the help, I hope to get it ordered in the next few weeks.

Kelly
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    We ship guitars without cases all the time...never had a problem. Obviously the guitar is better protected in a good case. But they seem to do OK in just the box.

'm