DjangoBooks.com

Does anyone know Swing Gitan Composer?

2»

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    scot wrote: »
    Are you thinking about the 1970 "Nuit des Gitanes" at the Olympia? It was a memorial concert for Sarrane Ferret, and it really was an All-Star jam, with many big names in attendance: Baro, Matelot, Boulou and Challain Ferret, Rene Mailhes, Maurice Ferre and Joseph Pouville, Jacques Montagne, Babik Reinhardt, Stephane Grapelly and Antoine Ciosi. No Andre Dedjean, though - at least not on my cassette...
    No, a different show, Dedjean was "Champion de France de Guitare 1964" held at the Olympia.

• scotscot Virtuoso
    This?
  • Thank You Scot, very helpful , cheers man!
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    If I can find out how, I can post a scan of what is written on the record label (also note; it is a 33rpm 7" , not a 45) and I suppose this is what is referred to at 0.28 seconds in on this YouTube video.

• AntjeAntje New

Thank you a lot for the infos! You write about lyrics by André Beaume. Do you know where to find the lyrics?

• RipRip olympia, washingtonNew

are my eyes playing tricks on me? it doesn't look like he's playing what I'm hearing.

wim
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I wonder what happened to the sound files on here? Bummer they are gone.

I think you're right! Same thing with another video from the same channel 🤣

Rip
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

It's hard to say. You can definitely hear the clinking of dishes in the back, but also there is clearly no clarinet, drums, bass, or other instruments in the room. So he is using a backing track that is being played in the restaurant and recorded by the camera. I think he is playing live (and playing the right notes), but I just don't think his instrument volume is either turned up loud enough or the backing track speaker is too close to the camera where it doesn't pick up the guitar. Probably just plugged into an amp with no mixer to even the levels.

He also seems to be playing along mostly with the track, just perhaps without certain accents or ornaments. It looks like his rhythm is straight downstrokes, but you occasionally hear an upstroke on the backing track. Probably practices at home by playing against the recorded track?

Pretty cool for a man of his age to be playing publicly, especially since he looks a little frail. I just think the mix levels are off and we can't hear what he is actually playing. Just like Les Paul who played regularly right until a few months before his death.

Rip