DjangoBooks.com

ADRIEN MOIGNARD & GONZALO BERGARA "CLASICO" TRANSCRIPTIONS

JosechikyJosechiky
in Technique Posts: 122
Hi everyone,

I have been searching for a long time to find someone who can transcribe one of my favorite gypsy jazz albums, Adrien Moignard and Gonzalo Bergara’s “CLASSICO". I found a really nice fellow and very fine guitarist named Nick who is able to do it for a really reasonable price. I am looking for people who would like to join me with this project. Gathering a group of people would help to reduce costs and get some great transcriptions made for people who love this album.

You can check Nick's website in the following link:

http://www.btlmusicnotes.com

Ok, that´s all folks! If anyone would be interested, please, contact me through the private email.
Tagged:

Comments

Have you checked with @adrian , maybe he has plans to transcribe it for the soundslice. He's got a couple of full Gonzalo's albums up there already.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Hi Buco,

yes I have get in touch with Adrian Holovaty and asked him about the chance of tabbing this album several times but this project isn´t a priority at the moment.

By the way, here you are a video of Nick playing "Djangologie".The tab for this excerpt performed by Adrien Moignard is available at his website. You can request him the list of tabs written out so far:

Buco
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Does anyone join this proposal?
  • husyhusy Seattle✭✭✭
    If you don't get participation and don't want cover the full cost on your own consider transcribing it yourself. It will be way slower for sure, but you will learn a lot more and what you learn will actually stick.

Here's an excellent piece of slowdown software:

https://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/overview.html
    Josechiky
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016 Posts: 867
    I've transcribed plenty and it does not usually stick...that takes constant using of each idea over changes until they become 2nd nature but then again I could be a slow learner (unlikely but as I age more likely).
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Yeah what S'dog said. But I still like to transcribe just for fun. I really should be more disciplined about trying to drill some of the licks into my head though but yeah probably slow on the uptake.

That said I'd love to see a transcription of these guys but probably way over my abilities to try to copy their stuff.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 4,730
    I agree that you won't aquire new licks by just transcribing and everything else Craig said but I do think a lot of transcribing makes you better, some of it rubs off onto your own playing.
    Just about every top player I heard talking about their development said that at some point of their life they did a ton of transcribing.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Yes, I agree with you. Transcribing the solos by yourself is the best way to learn them and incorporate into your own playing, but I´m not so skilled and my ear isn´t as trained as I´d like to so that is the reason why I´d love getting those solos transcribed.Any help would be appreciated!
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    husy wrote: »
    If you don't get participation and don't want cover the full cost on your own consider transcribing it yourself. It will be way slower for sure, but you will learn a lot more and what you learn will actually stick.

Here's an excellent piece of slowdown software:

https://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/overview.html

Thanks for the link to the software!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I've heard the pros say start with Django for getting into transcribing. Makes sense. Start at the source.