DjangoBooks.com

New member looking for used guitar

Comments

• t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    edited November 2016 Posts: 119
    If you want to hear what the Altamiras sound like, check out some posts by anthon_74.

I still say spend less than $400 on a Cigano. Plenty of posts on this forum regarding setting it up yourself. If you find the Gypsy Jazz bug stays with you, then you start looking for a great guitar.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Ciganos are the best deal for starters IMO.
    Arias are ok if you find one around $200-$250
    Thanks for all the insight.

I'm leaning towards the 330 dollar gj10 tomorrow for cyber monday.

Wanna ask one more time here if anyone is selling anything in the 400-500 dollar range.....
    Any info on how the intonation is out of the box on the GJ10??

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Another vote for Cigano. These are a great first GJ guitar, the quality of instrument is unbeatable at that the price point. Better sound than Aria, and better bang for the buck than Altamira. The only thing that is weird is the neck is pretty thin, like an electric, which might be annoying if/when you get the training wheels off and start looking at french guitars.
  • denk8denk8 ✭✭✭
    Contact Michael at Djangobooks to ask what he has available in your price range.
    I brought three guitar's and each one he sent me was outstanding.
    MichaelHorowitz
    So is the neck really that thin on the cigano?

We talking like......ibanez thin or parker thin? Ahahha.

Is it somewhere in between a strat and an acoustic?

My main guitar is a larrivee d03 and the SG is a close second.....

It's so cheap but I'm still waiting till I get paid to make the final decision. Got a few choices so far.

The cyber monday sale on musicans friend is until Dec 2nd if anyone's interested.
    denk8
    Word.

I'm torn on getting the gj10 still somebody convince me hahaha
  • t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    If you're going to spend less than $400 it's not going to get any better. The GJ-15 has a completely different neck IIRC. Equally as good a guitar with a different feel and vibe.

It seems you're really indecisive regarding this purchase. Maybe you should wait and actually play a few before buying.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    That's right only GJ-10 has the wussy neck, GJ-15 has a real neck. But the GJ-15 has the dot in the annoying spot (9th fret instead of 10th) and it's short scale, so not as good for lead. They're both great guitars, though!