DjangoBooks.com

Any thoughts on Altamira vs JWC?

2»

Comments

• woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    ConorF wrote: »
    Can't recommend JWC guitars enough...it fact I have three :-)

I have a Prima Jazz, the entry level model and two custom guitars. A Modele Jazz and a Catania Swing.

Almost everyone in my jamming circle who has played the guitars loves them and in fact four of those people have bought them.

I'd be happy to let you try mine but I'm in the U.K.
    Can you tell me how different the Catania Swing sounds from your Modele Jazz? I thought hard about getting one of those before I bought my Favino.
    Is the swing as loud as the jazz? Is the tone radically different?

• ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
    To my ear all three guitars sound very different.

The Petit Bouche (Modele Jazz) has the classic Selmer "snare drum" sound with great projection but is the quietest of my three guitars.

The Grande Bouche (Prima Jazz) has a more balanced sound with quite a lot of bass and is a very loud guitar.

The Catania Swing (a DiMauro Special Chorus style guitar with a Selmer size body) has a much warmer less "Selmer" sound.
    It sounds somewhere between a normal steel strung acoustic and a Selmer guitar but still very "Gypsy" sounding!
    When I’ve heard it played at a few jam sessions it seems to cut through just about everything. So a very loud guitar but with beautiful tone.

Hope that helps. :-)
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    For sure it helps. Love to compare my Favino which is deep and loud as hell with the Swing, they might be kind of similar. Thanks
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    Buco wrote: »
    Such a great story!
    What's the crazy cool looking rack?

The rack is actually Tony's rack. That photo is from a few days before the guitar was finished in his shop