DjangoBooks.com

videos of Ritary Ensemble

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    here's herve practicing a funk rhythm while i'm browsing the djangobooks forum....
    another attempt for the cherish video... they love it when the crowd gets into it

if you enjoy these videos, do them a favor and purchase subscriptions.. i have some here if anyone prefers dealing directly with me (paypal)... i gain nothing in any of this ... i just want music to be shared and people to get better at this style or any style around the world...

and if you guys play nice, i will post more vids of not just ritary but a lot of other things... and of course i will be at samois this summer armed with my camera, you can bet i'll get the best shit with the best possible angle....

the samois vids u see at the zaiti website were shot by me, it wasn't easy, i knew a big jam was gonna happen so i waited by their side for maybe an hour just to get the very best spot for filming ... i even had a better spot than the dudes doing the documentary... all this to say: buy ritary subscriptions! it's worth it!
    ritary is amazing. and so is mich mich. haha.

my fav by far is cherish, love it..
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Holy Mother!

Mich Mich, my friend,

As much as I admire Ritary's playing, I just can't get into Cherish...too much growing up american, I think; I've got the same trouble with Isn't She Lovely on Bireli's Live in Paris. I fear we're on the dark road to Steely Dan covers...

None of that, though, takes away from your masterful taping skills-you've always been the Cassavetes of gypsy jazz, and you could give Gatlif a run for his money. Thanks for the vids!

All best,
    Jak Jak.
    soundcheck at the concert hall for the big concert...

tribute to adrien moignard (a lick that he always plays over an Em chord)... and later ritary makes a reference to the mysterious "bombe atomique" that clogged my toilet.... til this day we still don't know who did it... it wasn't me though...
    edited April 2006 Posts: 2,161
    still at the soundcheck, trying out a song.... ritary will play another adrien moignard lick, you'll know where it is when he looks up and smiles at me....
    having a bit of fun the night before their departure ... with OlivierMTL talking to Herve and me scratching my head while playing rhythm... a skill mastered by Daniel Rosenberg in Mary's Samois 2002 tape ...
    edited April 2006 Posts: 2,161
    this one has to be posted, ritary trying to speak quebecois.... this is at the end of the recording session for the djangobooks method book
    one last one for now... this is ritary trying to play with alternate picking.... travesty! the wrist is on the bridge! he's really inspired by andreas and wants to learn to play like him
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    Thanks Dennis! He's one of my favorite players. I still wish there was a N. American source of his CDs........

Charlie