DjangoBooks.com

Selmer 607 / Anniversary songs

Comments

• potzblitzpotzblitz New

Wim Glenn wrote: »
    Enjoying the new album so far :)
    Favourite tracks are vamp, a bicyclette .. Antoine kind of stole the show!
    Anyone know who is the player on anniversary song (track 6)? On my copy that track was uncredited. It sounds like it could be Seb but I'm not 100% sure.
    Anyway, recommend this one - some of the other 607 CDs were a bit too heavy on the fromage, but this one's swingin' nicely
    If there's another one one day, I would love to see Samy invited as a guest

According to the cover the order of soloists for Anniversary Song is: Noé, Adrien, Rocky, Antoine, Sebastien.
  • nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault
    Spotify has two Selmer #607 albums available for listening. Off topic, I noticed a bunch of GJ music fell off spotify within the last week or two. The "Jazz Manouche" playlist has been decimated... :(

Edit: the Jazz Manouche playlist (by Aleksander Sanvik) is back up. Must have been a glitch...

Hi Andrew,
    If you like that playlist you may be interested in mine of the same name (by Steve Nelson). It's is bit larger.

AndrewUlle
    There are around 40 Steve Nelson profiles. Which one is yours? Or what's the name of the playlist?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • another fun tune with some great solos. I would love to have Antoine Boyer's fingers.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault
    Buco wrote: »
    There are around 40 Steve Nelson profiles. Which one is yours? Or what's the name of the playlist?
    Hi Buco, the Playlist is also called "Jazz Manouche" just like the other one that Andrew was referencing.

Buco
    Selmer 607, Anniversary Songs Vol 3 is on Spotify.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • PompierPompier MarylandNew Cigano GJ-15
    It's not GJ, but I don't think anyone here would want to miss Antoine Boyer's new solo album. I just discovered it tonight, and I'm blown away. It looks like he even transcribed some Scarlatti no one has dared to play on guitar before. That guy is in a class of his own. Search Youtube for "Caméléon Waltz".
  • TydidesTydides
    Thanks Buco! This is nice! And especially I’m really happy to have a big-dicked version of Anniversary Song, a song I’ve been kinda obsessed with in the last year.

Joscho has a recent version on Spotify also

https://open.spotify.com/track/5dUI16KGnhvWfEIy1W4yJM?si=tosxRNlGTv-Bakhl8r_iZQ

And here’s a video everyone should see (again?): Gwen absolutely making love to Anniversary Song:

What a top tier player he is. Speaking of which, I can’t find much on albums for him, except that he was on rainbow duets recently. Anyone who sees him please video and put that shit on YouTube (same with anyone else good :)).
    Buco
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    edited April 2018 Posts: 541
    I have a recording of my grandfather playing The Anniversary Song (Valse Mineur) on solo accordion, made back in the 60s. I should upload it and link it.
    BucoBones
  • b7everb7ever New
    Adrien is one of my absolute favorites. His ideas always keep me interested to see what comes next.