DjangoBooks.com

Help: Django a Liberchies Contest

Hi Djagobooks friends! I'm Jacob from Barcelona and i would be really pleased if you could help me and my group (Scaramouche) to win a contest to play in the Festival of Liberchies (the belgium town where Django was born). The winner will play just before Dorado and Amati Schmidt and Bireli . The groups that are taking part in the contest had to present an original tune in a video format.

Our composition is an hommmage for two great artists born in Belgium, Django and the surrealist Rene Magritte and the name of the composition is "Ceci n'est pas un blues en mineur", translated is something like "This is not a minor blues". Because it has a twelve bar structure and it starts like a minor blues but then changes a litle bit. There is also two bars "inspired" in Bireli's Dinello.

Please, help us and give us a like if you like it. The video is hosted in the facebook page of the Festival, you will arrive directly from this link.https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1081095662016736&id=252926671500310

Comments

Hey Jacob,
    Listening to your latest album.
    I'm not inspired with words much at the moment so I'll just state the facts as I hear them:
    vocal: great, sublime actually
    the group tone: great, a lot of otherwise great groups miss on this, recorded well, well mixed, instruments have a very nice tone, rhythm section is in the pocket.
    the individual musicianship: great, highly skilled players, shoulder to shoulder with the best in the genre
    arrangements: great, mostly straightforward with enough creativity to make it interesting, especially the flamenco styled album opener
    I really like the choice of songs, not the usual repertoire, great vocal melodies.
    I'm going to enjoy listening to this for a long time.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Thanks again Buco.
    Link to spotify:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/1EDX9z3vKdDRWRUQBrqSAB