DjangoBooks.com

DC Music School (first non-beta version) page live now!

Comments

• ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    The site looks and works very nicely. Just have a question about the Stochelo lessons I bought. Before the site update, the Stochelo lessons were the DVD divided into clips as they were on the DVD. Now, the clips are MP3 files with PDF file transcriptions (a BIG plus). So the question is, when will access to the video clips return?

Otherwise, the site looks and works great. The slowdown and download features are a wonderful addition. I could easily spend all my practice and study time here.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Before the site update, the Stochelo lessons were the DVD divided into clips as they were on the DVD. Now, the clips are MP3 files with PDF file transcriptions (a BIG plus). So the question is, when will access to the video clips return?

The video clips are all there, my friend! When you're viewing the course page (example link), click any one of the clip titles to view it.

Adrian
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 4,735
    You know it'd be nice to be able to bookmark a location within the same chapter.
    For example I was going through the Gypsy jazz techniques lesson and there's ornamentatios chapter and it would be nice to be able to jump to the different examples that were marked previously.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    My mistake: I was clicking on the mp3 file, not the video file.

Like I said: Wow! What a great site. Anything purchased here is money well-spent.
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    I also also had this problem at first.
    Adrian it could be worth making the video access procedure more obvious.
  • pral16pral16 New
    I may be professing my ignorance as to how Soundslice works, but I seem unable to locate any interactive TAB with the video. Do I need to purchase Soundslice separately through Adrian's website? Thanks for your help!
    pral16 wrote: »
    I may be professing my ignorance as to how Soundslice works, but I seem unable to locate any interactive TAB with the video. Do I need to purchase Soundslice separately through Adrian's website? Thanks for your help!

Only a few courses on DC Music School have the synced notation at this point. More might come in the future (it requires a bit of work to set it up for all of Denis' courses, as you can imagine!). For now, you can slow down and loop sections of video and refer to the PDF transcriptions.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Hi Pral16, i've explained everything in this thread in one of the previous posts.

thanks! Soundslice is a really amazing piece of technology, and even if right now , I don't use the interactive feature, there are lots of other features that are just amazing. Adrian is a true genius!!!
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Adrian, Denis tells me dropping below 50 percent speed isn't possible with the streaming technology yet. Do foresee this being possible anytime soon? Is there a possibility for any hot key functions with the streaming video?

thanks, and nice work

Adrian, Denis tells me dropping below 50 percent speed isn't possible with the streaming technology yet. Do foresee this being possible anytime soon?

The speed is a limitation of web browsers, and I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about that. Enjoy what you have. :-)

Adrian