DjangoBooks.com

Djangofest Mill Valley April 28-30

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
in North America Posts: 705
Djangofest Mill Valley starts Friday, April 28 featuring Gustav Lundgren, April 29 features Samson Schmitt, April 30 features **** andTrio Dinicu plus the All-Star Djam Finale. There are workshops Sat. and Sun. Let's support this long running event at the Throckmorton bay area gypsy jazzers, and fans.

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I feel obligated to say a few words about the performance of Gustav Lundgren at Djangofest Mill Valley. He was absolutely incredible, had a great sound with what I guess was an AJL guitar with a DPA 4099 micro. No matter what he played from Django to Miles Davis; Turkish and Portuguese songs, plus lots of Latin rhythms, it all sounded incredible. He was lightning fast, and always seemed to transition from chord/arpeggio effortlessly. If you ever get the chance, go see him. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211487337556314&set=pb.1149857947.-2207520000.1493753604.&type=3&theater
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    Agreed Jon! I had heard of Gustav but never saw or listened to him... He really blew me away on Sunday. My wife and friend both had their jaws on the ground as well. Everyone's playing was phenomenal, of course, but Gustav I thought stole the show. I wish I had been able to make it Fri and Sat as well.