DjangoBooks.com

Paris and London in early June 2017

jmkoeljmkoel LondonNew
in Europe Posts: 3
Hello all! I am headed to Europe for a research trip (not music related) and will be spending time in both Paris and London in the first two weeks of June. I hope to take some time to explore the local jazz scenes and especially find the best jazz manouche being played. I've been searching, but also thought I'd tap into this forum as a great resource!

I will be in Paris from June 2nd to the 9th, and London from the 9th through the 16th. I already have a short list of bars and clubs to visit but am looking for all the info I can get. Anyone have any suggestions beyond the standard list (like La Chope, La Bouquet du Nord, and L'Atelier Charonne...which I heard is closed)? What are the top places in London right now? Any scheduled performances not to be missed?

Also, if anyone happens to be in Paris and London over those dates and has an extra guitar, I'd love to jam!

Thanks!