DjangoBooks.com

Cigano GJ15 vs Cigano GJ5 Vs Gitane DG250m

I want to buy a Manouche guitar, in my budget are the Cigano GJ15 and the Cigano GJ5, I think the GJ15 is the best option since I can get them at the same price, there are also a second hand Gitane DG250m here in Spain at the price of the Ciganos New, This really is above the quality of the Ciganos? Or the price is higher only for the aesthetics and the finish

My question is, if the neck of the GJ 15 has the same dimensions as the Gitane D500, this last I could try it and I was comfortable, better than my current guitar, a cheap Richwood that has a very narrow neck

Wich of 3 guitars do you recommend

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to suggest as it is around the same price looking at a Cigano oval hole. They are usually drier sounding than the D or most of the Gitane's I have played. In general even though less expensive than Gitanes, I usually prefer the Cigano oval hole better. When money is thrown into the equation it almost falls into no brainer category.
    gabalbass
  • gabalbassgabalbass New
    Thanks Stuart & scoredog!

For now I have discarded the 250m, perfect would be a D hole 14 frets to the body, but in that price range there is nothing, I have only found Chinese brands without references such as Aiersei, APC, Eko Evo ..... You know of Some that have that body and 14 frets?
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    So why do you want D hole? Just prefer the looks or .. ? It doesn't matter very much D hole or oval hole for rhythm or lead. The scale length (i.e. string tension) is the main factor changing the sound here.
  • gabalbassgabalbass New
    Wim Glenn wrote: »
    So why do you want D hole? Just prefer the looks or .. ? It doesn't matter very much D hole or oval hole for rhythm or lead. The scale length (i.e. string tension) is the main factor changing the sound here.

For me it's the best mix of Both models, of course aesthetics is also important