DjangoBooks.com

Found new pick maker! Pete Nicholson

Hi folks,

I found a guy on Etsy in England who makes casein gypsy jazz picks. I thought I'd give the 5mm pick a try and it arrived a little while ago today.

I think it's awesome! :)

Please see attached images.

It has a great feel and three different types of point depending on how you like your attack.

His name is Pete Nicholson and his shop's here:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/271464243/tritone-5mm-gypsy-jazz-guitar

I think it's a really great pick at a very reasonable price, so if anyone has been wanting to try this sort of pick out, but wasn't sure which way to jump, get in touch with Pete. He can do a variety of thicknesses and is really easy to work with.

All the best,

Will
Tagged:

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I've been using Pete's picks for a long time. I like his white, thick ones but I found it necessary to re-profile the pointed edge. Having said that that's really just me but I think this is a fabulous material very smooth and lasts forever. As an aside this material is identical to what Selmer made their original tuner buttons from. In those days it was called Galalith - which means milk (gala) and stone (lith) in Greek. So, there you go. And also the cost is pretty damn good as well.
    always learning
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    I ordered one of each of the two styles to try. Two hand-made picks for USD 24 and change, including shipping. I'll review when I get them.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Also meant to add that Pete's been making these picks for about 5 or 6 years that I know off. Looking fodward to your review Andrew
    always learning