DjangoBooks.com

Current CD Suggestions?

AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
edited June 2017 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 541
I'm looking for suggestions for CDs (I think they still make them - LOL) made by current Gypsy Swing bands. What's your favorite recent CD? I'm especially interested in stuff you won't find on Spotify, since I already enjoy their GJ playlists. If YOU have a cd for sale, let me know! Provide links to samples, if you know of any.

Thanks in advance! I'm itching for some new music.

Comments

• edited June 2017 Posts: 4,735
    Here's Billboard 100 Gypsy jazz: _____________________________________________________
    Barkonator
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • I'm going to seem like an ass for saying this, but I'm serious when I say that the French remasters of the Quintet recordings are like listening to new records. Well worth the purchase price and they came over rather quickly. I've been listening to Integrale for years. It is a pleasure to hear these recordings so clear.
    AndrewUlle
  • ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
    Dario Napoli - My Favourite Spot is a great album.

Available here http://darionapoli.com/

Plenty of samples on YouTiube
    AndrewUlle
    I've been listening to Scaramouche debut (I think it's their first) album. Make sure you use Gypsy jazz along with the name when searching otherwise different stuff comes up.
    New Black Market Trust album is out too.
    Swing de Paris with Samson Schmitt too.
    They're on Spotify, that's what I mostly use. I can send links later if need be.
    AndrewUlle
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • jerojero Michiana✭✭✭✭ J.P. Favino, Godefroy Maruejouls
    Check out Steve Aston's two CDs, "Waltz for Grimaldi" and "Grimaldi Quartet. His compositions sound a bit like the bastard children of Baro Ferret and Erik Satie. Considering what a conservative genre gypsy jazz has become, it's really nice to have something so uncompromisingly original.

You can check him out at www.steveastonmusic.com.