DjangoBooks.com

Practicing Quietly

13»

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia

I have one of those, too, a nylon string one. Great for quiet practice, and I've used it very effectively in my solo vocal/guitar gigs. It sounds great through an acoustic amp.

Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • kimmokimmo Helsinki, Finland✭✭✭✭

Hi @Buco

Thank you for the nice comment on my playing!

The acoustic sound is more like dried and sterilized selmer - silent(ish), no overtones, no bottom. The scale length, Argentines (or similar low gauge/low tension strings) and the bridge/tailpiece all contribute to the sound being more gypsy than archtop. Of course those are some of the features that have an affect on the playing style as well. Compared to my ES-175 (16" laminate) acoustically, there's certainly less bass and a little more treble in the AJL silent GJ prototype.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
  • KlausUSKlausUS AustriaNew Cholet Intuition, Gaffiero Original, AJL Q&P
    edited May 2020 Posts: 64

Have you ever heard about Mario Maccaferri 😂? The guy invented not only plastic guitars but also a silent guitar in the 80‘s !!! 👏. The shape is kind of familiar to me,... wait,...... let me think,.... mmmmhhhh.......

But seriously, Ari ´s silent guitar is awesome and definitely unique among silent guitars.

Buco