DjangoBooks.com

Paris next week

Carlo GentenaarCarlo Gentenaar The Netherlands✭✭ John Le Voi
in Europe Posts: 77
Hi, I will be staying in Paris next week from monday july 31st until sunday the 6th of august. Anybody got any tips on live venues (gypsy jazz jams or concerts) to go to in that particular timeframe? thanx in advance!

PS I checked the forums but there is a lot of old info. Taverne de Cluny has no agenda for august and Aux Petits Joueurs will be closed until the 23rd of august. The only good chance I know is La Chope des Paces in the weekend.

kind regards, Carlo

Comments

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    In Paris, first two weeks of August are pretty dead: most of the stores, bars, local restaurants are closed. But according to this reliable website
    http://www.parisjazzclub.net/fr/agenda/2017/8/1/
    The Clairon des Chasseurs in Montmartre is not closed
    On Sunday 6th there might be a jam at the Green Linett (check with Mitch Mercier he is the organizer usually)
  • Carlo GentenaarCarlo Gentenaar The Netherlands✭✭ John Le Voi
    Gee, I guess that's either my bad karma acting up (again) or the universe trying to tell me I ought to lay off the gypsy jazz for a while!
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    The reason why Paris is less active during summer is also that the big players (and the other ones too) are playing in festivals all around France (or around the world for some)