DjangoBooks.com

A Little Love A Little Kiss Matt Munisteri

pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
edited September 2017 in Eddie Lang Club Posts: 936
Came across this Youtube Video

be sure to start at the beginning for some reason when I clicked play it started after the song

Check out 0:31 to about 3:31

What a Treat

Bucosteffo

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited September 2017 Posts: 1,854
    Hey, thanks for sharing that, John.

Matt Munisteri plays that tune almost as well as the master himself, and his L-5 looks and sounds like a million bucks!

Lang had an amazing memory, according to Joe Venuti and many others, which would be a big advantage in playing complicated solo arrangements like "Just a Little Love" and Eddie's other masterpieces, like his version of the Rachmaninoff Prelude and my personal favourite, "Rainbow Dreams".

The problem I've faced in learning a few of these tunes is that if you neglect them for a few months, man, it's a lot of work to play them again...

Well, I went on to watch the rest of the video and was interested in Matt's comments on banjos... I play a plectrum Bacon & Day Silver Bell much like his six string model and just like Matt, I love that knee mute...

If I ever met this guy I know we'd have a lot of fun together...

Thanks again for sharing this, John!

Will

pickitjohn
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Man does that guitar sound huge!
    Fretboard journal, my favorite reading for the last few years. Hope to make it to one of their summits someday.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    O M G. Absolutely beautiful playing.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles