DjangoBooks.com

Szep a Rozsam

KcoxKcox Montreal, QCNew
edited May 2007 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 110
I am listening to the version from MDZ 3 and trying to figure out how to approximate a decent rhythm section for this song. Ignoring for a moment the descending baseline, how would one or two rhythm guitars best play this? I can think of three ways...

1) La Pompe at insane speed
2) Something more like a klezmer rhythm https://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/item--Intoduction-to-Klezmer-Guitar-Windows--klezmer.html
3) Have one guitar doing the bass line and one doing downstroked off-time chords

How were the original rhythm players doing it? It seems there are 3 guitarists so would they each be doing their own thing?

Thanks, and sorry if my url didn't work I don't usually post links haha

Kevin

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I don't know this song...but if it's an Eastern European type of thing the Klezmer rhythm should work. Boulou and Elios do the same sort of rhythm for their Eastern European stuff.

'm
  • chip3174chip3174 New
    I haven't heard the tune before, but the title is in Hungarian and is translated "My Rose [my love] is beautiful." In folk tradition, the rose is considered to be a woman. At least this is what my Hungarian wife tells me........
  • chip3174chip3174 New
    I haven't heard the tune before, but the title is in Hungarian and is translated "My Rose [my love] is beautiful." In folk tradition, the rose is considered to be a woman. At least this is what my Hungarian wife tells me........